Thursday, May 6, 2010

Milestone.

I haven't blogged since August 30th? Unbelievable. That'll have to change.

I am completely done with school. On saturday, I will officially have a BA in Pastoral Ministry. 5-6 years ago, that is the absolute last degree I would ever have wanted. I wanted to teach high school history and coach basketball. If I ever thought about ministry, which I hadn't, youth ministry seemed like the way to go. I never imagined myself being a pastor. Who even knows if I ever will be one, a lead pastor anyway.

For now, my next big stop will be Kansas City. Back to my home which I love dearly. College ministry, here I come! I am excited to get in this next step of life at Evangel (etkc.org). I also need to find another job that will actually pay me something.

College was awesome. I have had some incredible experiences. This has definitely been some of the most challenging, hilarious, fun, shaping, frustrating, unexpected, epic, hazardous, you-bet-situation, outrageous years in my life. I would probably seriously not trade these past four years for 1 million dollars. That's a million bucks. Lots of benjamins.
I would turn that money down and keep these lessons, experiences, relationships, and memories.

I still sometimes imagine myself being a high school history teacher...

No comments:

Post a Comment